Either because we want to joke or because we want to put grandfather or nephew on the family photo he got rid of in his day. learn to do photo montages It’s one of those essential life lessons (note the irony). Because of this, in today’s post we will quickly and easily see how to add a person to a photo without having to become a Photoshop expert (another thing is that we achieve the artistic level of masters like James Fridman, but we’re already playing on a different level).
How to add a person to a photo without using Photoshop
In order to trick the photo and insert an element other than it, be it an object or a person, we have to follow the following work dynamic:
- First we take a photo that shows the person we want to add and cut it out, completely removing the background. This gives us an image in which only that person is shown and the background is 100% transparent. We save the photo in PNG format.
- Second, Add the cropped image In the last photo we made some tweaks to adjust the size and lighting. This way, the “foreign element” that has just been inserted is better camouflaged and the trick is much less noticeable.
Step by step
If we don’t want to install an image editing application, we can get fairly satisfactory results using some web tools. Not only are these free, but they also offer enough options to create this type of photo montage.
- Open your internet browser and go to the page Remove background ((HERE). Click on “Upload ImageAnd select the photo that shows the person you want to crop.
- The AI automatically cuts out the background and only leaves the person in the foreground. Click on “Download”To download the image in PNG format.
- Now that we have the cutout with a transparent background, all we have to do is open the photo on which we want to place this person. For this we are going to use another free web application called Pixlr X. ((HERE), an extremely intuitive online photo editor that suits what we want to do.
- In Pixlr X, click “Open pictureAnd choose the photo you want to use as a base.
- Then click on the last icon in the side menu (“add a picture”) And click“Search”. Select the cropped photo that you just downloaded.
- Here the editor will leave us Move and resize the image so that it fits in with the environment and is exactly how we want it.
- Finally, we will use the various filters and adjustments that the tool offers (“Filter”, “Effect” and “Adjust” options from the side menu) Adjust the color and tone of the new item that we just added to the photo.
Once we have everything to our liking, all we have to do is hit the blue “Save” button. A new window will appear there, in which we can download the image with the desired quality and format (JPG, PNG or PXD).
Some additional tips
As you can see, this is a fairly simple process and we can do it from both a desktop computer and a mobile phone through the browser (also Pixlr has an app for Android if we want more convenience). If you’re looking for a much more detailed result, you can also use the Pixlr Crop tool to add or remove more elements, or use Remove Background with the keyframe itself to create effects of depth in certain photos.
- Remove background Always reduce the image size a little that we just cut out. To solve this, you can use a similar web tool called Trace, which will keep all cropped images at their original size. You can see how it works THIS POST or access the tool from here SHORTCUT.
- Pixlr’s cropping tool offers a few features. Open the snip menu and select “Draw Snip”. This gives you a kind of brush that you can use to create a custom cut however you like. The app also offers other cropping options like magic cropping, shape cropping and loop cropping.
The possibilities are almost limitless, depending on the amount of time we want to spend in each photomontage. Of course, it’s nowhere near what we can do with a more professional tool like Photoshop or GIMP, but without a doubt the most useful thing to do is to trick a photo quickly and on the fly.