Last week SkyShowtime premiered in Spain and although the streaming platform is available in app format for mobile phones and smart TVs, There is no specific version for Amazon Fire TV devices yet.
Luckily, we can fix that ourselves by manually installing the SkyShowtime app ourselves. Broadly, these are the steps we need to follow:
- Install a download manager for your Fire TV Stick.
- Enable developer options on the device.
- Download the SkyShowtime APK file.
- Install the app.
As you can see, the process is not very complicated, but we need to devote 10-15 minutes of our time to do the installation correctly.
Step 1: Install a download manager
Since we’re going to be installing the SkyShowtime app by hand, the first thing we’ll need is a download manager. The manager will allow us Browse the Fire TV Stick’s internal storage and run the APK file which we are about to download.
We can install the download manager that we like the most, although currently the best rated and most used by the Fire TV user community “downloaders“. You can find this application by clicking on the icon that appears right next to the gear icon, on the home screen of your Fire TV. Then select “get more apps“, go to tab “Seek‘ and look for the application ‘downloaders“.
Tap on it and then again to install the app on the device.
Note: If you have trouble installing this application, you can install another alternative file manager like Xplore file manager either Total commander. Both are available for free on the Fire TV Appstore.
Step 2: Enable Developer Options
Now we’re going to enable Fire TV’s developer options so we can install APK files.
- Return to the Amazon Fire TV home screen. Go to the configuration menu (gear icon) and click “My FireTV“.
- go into “Around‘ and press 7 consecutive times on the option ‘FireTV stick“.
- If everything went well, you will see a message on the screen indicating that developer options are unlocked.
Now if you go back into the configuration menu and click on “My Fire TV” you will see that there is a new option called “developer options“.
- go into”developer options“.
- Choose “Install unknown apps“.
- Click on the applicationdownloaders” so that it appears in the mode “activated“.
Step 3 Download the SkyShowtime APK file
Although Amazon doesn’t have a dedicated SkyShowtime app, we can Download the official SkyShowtime app for Android TV. Since this version is compatible with Fire TV devices, the app works without any issues.
Of course, the application isn’t available on the Amazon Appstore, so we’ll have to download the installer in APK format from an alternative repository of the likes of APK Mirror.
- Open the Downloader app you just installed on the Fire TV Stick.
- Click Browser on the left menu to load the Downloader web browser.
- Enter the address in the browser address bar https://www.apkmirror.com and press “Go”.
- On the APK Mirror website, click the magnifying glass icon and search for the “SkyShowtime” application.
- Scroll down with your controller and tap the download icon that appears next to the result “SkyShowtime (Android TV)“. Currently the latest version is version 1.8.73.
- Scroll back down with your controller and click on the download icon of the latest variant that has the value “DPI=nodpi“.
- On the next page, go back down until you see the “DOWNLOAD APK‘ and click on it to download the SkyShowtime installer file.
Step 4: Install the app
Once the file is downloaded, it will open automatically. Select the option “To install‘ which you will see in the lower right area of the screen.
And that’s it! Once the app is installed, we can open SkyShowtime and configure our user account. From now on we can find the streaming application along with the rest of the applications on the home screen of the Amazon Fire TV.
Note: If you have trouble downloading the SkyShowtime APK file, you can type the following URL in the browser directly and click the “DOWNLOAD APK” button that appears on the screen:
See you in the next post!