For the last few months we’ve been following the development of the new version of the Kodi player and for a few hours it’s been available for download in its final version from its official website.
Kodi version 20also known as Code “Nexus”, In homage to the Nexus trilogy, a series of post-cyberpunk thrillers by American author Ramez Naam has finally seen the light of day. What news can we find?
If you’ve already tried any of the RC builds that Kodi released in December, you probably won’t notice much of a change. At the visual level, the user interface remains the same as in version 19 of Kodi, although many technical aspects have been polished to improve the overall performance of the application.
What’s new in version 20 of Kodi “Nexus”
Let’s take a closer look at which aspects have been improved:
- Subtitles can now be adjusted to make them easier to read. We can change the size, the color of the frame, the font or the color of the letter.
- We can use multiple instances of the same binary plugin. This enables, for example, the simultaneous use of two PVR recording sources.
- FFMPEG codecs have been updated to version 4.4.
- Kodi’s “skins” or custom interfaces have been improved.
- Improved font handling optimizes performance on less powerful devices.
- Support for the NFS network file system has also been improved.
- The Linux version of Kodi finally supports HDR output.
- Android devices can also use hardware decoding (AV1).
- On Xbox, video playback is enhanced with the H.256 codec.
How to download Kodi 20 “Nexus”.
You can download Kodi version 20.0 from their websitewhere we can find available versions for different platforms, both desktop and mobile.
It should be noted that the version of Kodi available on external stores such as the Google Play Store It hasn’t been updated yet and it’s still version 19therefore it is recommended to wait a few days or download the APK file available in the downloads section of the Kodi website.
You might be interested in:
See you in the next post!